Update AT&T Galaxy S5 Active to Lollipop (no root)
Note:To be able to install the Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA package on your AT&T Galaxy S5 Active, your device must be fully stock (no root) with Android 4.4.4 firmware running on it. If you phone meets this requirement, follow the steps provided below to upgrade to Lollipop. The procedure will not trip the KNOX Warranty Void counter. If you want root privilege on Lollipop, skip to the FireFlash method described below.
Instructions to Install the OTA
- Download the Lollipop OTA package and rename the file as “update.zip”: 2400258.cfg
- Copy the update.zip file to the external SD card of your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone as precaution.
- Turn off your device and reboot into the stock recovery. To do so, hold the Volume Up+Home+Power keys together while the device is switched off. As soon as you see the Samsung logo, release the Power key and keep the other two keys pressed until you see the recovery menu.
- Using the volume keys, scroll to “apply update from external storage” option and select it by pressing the Power key.